What is the Veterinary Referral Process?
In Minnesota, state law requires that an animal chiropractor obtain a referral from the animal’s veterinarian before providing chiropractic services to that animal.
True, this adds an extra step before the initial visit can occur. However, the law was written with your animal’s best interest in mind.
- It ensures active communication between your animal’s veterinarian and their chiropractor.
- It also supports an integrated team approach to your pet’s health and well-being. The more information we have available to us, the better we can help your pet.
- The referral process is quite simple and takes just a few minutes of your time. It is handled entirely by our staff after your initial contact with us.
What can you do to help get the referral processed as quickly as possible?
For your convenience, we have an online veterinary referral request form
for you to fill out and submit to us. Once we receive it, we will start the referral process with your veterinarian’s office right away and keep you informed of the progress.
952 – 484 – 5460
If you prefer to call us to initiate the referral process, please have the following information ready when you contact us…
- Your name, address and telephone number
- Your animal’s name, species, breed, gender, age, and spay / neuter status
- Your reason for seeking chiropractic care for your animal (specific condition, wellness, etc.)
- Your veterinarian’s name, clinic name, and telephone number
After you have asked us to obtain your referral, either by phone or via the online form, call your veterinarian. Tell them that you would like them to provide the referral and indicate to them your reasons for wanting chiropractic care for your companion.
We look forward to meeting you and your pet!